Soap Creative, (B&T Employer of the year, and Adnews 6 times agency of the year), is seeking an dedicated Web Services Infrastructure Manager to join our Sydney Office.
The successful Web Services Infrastructure Manager will be highly skilled in maintaining server architecture for Web Services and websites.
You will be a key member of our web and mobile games development team (SMG Studio) and provide innovative solutions to staff, clients and our self published platforms like RISK: Global Domination.
What you will do:
As Web Services Manager at Soap you will be responsible for support of Web Services and Websites in a high-availability environment.
This is a hands-on role covering daily maintenance and response, deployment and maintenance through to longer term planning.
- Maintain Web Services environment comprising over 100 services (predominantly AWS and local development web servers, but also covering other environments) at a high availability but cost-effective level.
- Create adequate monitoring and response procedures.
- Work with developers on Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration.
- Assist in server software support and development (predominantly PHP, NodeJS, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Manage yourself independently, working effectively and efficiently
- Maintain and strive for the highest production quality possible
- Support internal services for development and deployment.
- Other work as reasonably requested.
- Knowledge of AWS core services (EC2, S3, RDS, Elasticache, SNS, SQS, Route 53, Security Groups etc)
- Appreciation of deployment and upgrade strategies to maintain near-100% uptime of services
- Understand routing, DNS, firewalls and access control.
- Validate backups; maintain disaster recovery plans
- Thorough understanding of LAMP and MEAN, their individual components, advantages and disadvantages of components and alternatives (e.g. REDIS, Memcached, RabbitMQ etc)
- Knowledge of monitoring and response solutions (AWS Cloudwatch + external solutions)
- Build automation (Webpack, Grunt, Gulp)
- Deploy knowledge (SSH)
- Source Control (GIT) knowledge
- Great work ethics, and a problem solving can do attitude
- Exceptional English, written and verbal
- Confidence and capability to communicate ideas, solutions and issues in a fast-paced team.
- Diligent and respectful
- Good time estimation of effort
- Some out-of-hours support may be required, backed up by a flexible working environment.
- Knowledge of Atlassian products an advantage.
Soap is a creative digital agency - and a multi-skilled team of creatives, strategists, planners, producers, writers, designers, developers, testers, thinkers and tinkerers.
Soap launched in 2002 and have steadily evolved into an integrated agency and in 2013 started a dedicated game development studio SMG.
Soap is part of the Dentsu Aegis Network and is the Soap HQ is in Ultimo, NSW.